30 Jul FoKLSS is Hiring! Environmental Outreach Coordinator
Friends of Kootenay Lake Stewardship Society is looking to expand their staff by hiring a full-time Environmental Outreach Coordinator.
The position will be a 1-year contract of 30-35 hours per week (funding dependant). There will be a possibility of extension pending funding and evaluation of intern. Candidates must be under 30 years of age (inclusive) due to funding requirements. The job is primarily based out on Nelson, BC, but Kootenay Lake-area residents may also be considered.
Successful completion of a diploma or degree in environmental sciences, environmental education, communications or related field.
Candidates must have a minimum three years of experience working in an environmental or related field. Preference will be given to candidates with skills in social media management and documented experience in community engagement and outreach, facilitation, water stewardship, local knowledge, and grant application writing.
- Strong communication and engagement skills including public speaking, report writing, note taking, professional use of email, and the coordination of groups at events or field days.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Experience using social media tools such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Mailchimp to promote events and share information.
- Experience working with children. (Exp running education programs would be an asset).
- Strong administrative skills including: meeting logistics, record keeping, budget management, and organizational skills.
- Experience with fundraising including grant writing and reporting.
- Non-profit administration, management and governance.
- Experience working with water stewardship and fish and wildlife habitat restoration projects.
- Excellent data collection skills with experience using mobile data collection software.
- Capable of completing assigned tasks on time and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, solving problems as they arise.
- Not previously enrolled in an Eco Canada wage funding program.
- Under 30 years of age (inclusive, due to funding requirements).
- Class 5 driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
The Environmental Outreach Coordinator will support education and outreach, social media management, member engagement, administrative tasks, and primary projects. The Environmental Outreach Coordinator will ensure that Kootenay Lake residents are kept up to date on all projects and programs happening around the lake, assist with monitoring, and coordinate engaging virtual educational programs for lake residents including K-12 students in School District 8.
The position requires the Environmental Outreach Coordinator to have access to a home office space, a computer, a phone, and a reliable vehicle. The applicant must be able to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends, when needed).
You can find more information here: FOKLSS_Envr_Coord_Posting_EcoCanada_2021