15 Nov Support FoKLSS This Giving Tuesday!
Giving Tuesday is coming up on November 28, and we would be so grateful for your support this season, especially as we are in a time of financial need. We know that you, like us at FoKLSS, care about our beautiful lake and want to support its ecosystems, pure water, abundant wildlife and vibrant lakeshore communities.
As you have likely seen, we began a fundraiser for Friends of Kootenay Lake Stewardship Society in recent weeks. FoKLSS is in jeopardy due to a number of grant funding disappointments during the year that have left us with a cash flow problem and a need, now more than ever, for community donations.
We feel that news of our current financial struggle, especially coming at a critical time for us all, when we are facing the challenges of a changing climate and need to work together as communities to build consensus to protect our lake, will come as a real cause for concern to all of the lake lovers reading this blog post. FoKLSS is the only organization dedicated EXCLUSIVELY to the protection, improvement, and stewardship of Kootenay Lake, and is the only organization that can speak directly for residents, businesses, and stakeholders from every community within the Kootenay Lake basin.
After over a decade of successful research, projects and community work, we find ourselves seriously struggling to make ends meet to keep going, to pay our wonderful staff and meet our bills; even to keep long-running data collection projects and data sets alive. There are a number of ways in which you can help to financially support us this Giving Tuesday, so we can keep FoKLSS going and keep stewarding Kootenay Lake for future generations to come!
Here is how you can support us:
1. Support our GoFundMe – our goal is $30,000 by December 31
2. Send a direct, one-time donation on our website
3. Become a monthly donor to help support our operations in the long-term
4. E-transfer a donation to email@example.com
5. Mail us a donation cheque: Friends of Kootenay Lake Stewardship Society, PO Box 681, Nelson, BC, V1L 5R4
6. With the holiday season rapidly approaching, are you looking for a great gift for that person who has everything? Perhaps you know someone who is interested in supporting our local environment? Consider a membership to FoKLSS in their name. We have designed two Lake Lover Certificates that you can print for gifting, no matter what you celebrate of if you celebrate the season at all. Membership includes a subscription to our monthly newsletter.
7. Stay tuned for our Fall Online Auction… coming soon.
We cannot thank you and the Kootenay Lake community enough for your support. Lake lovers like you help us keep the goal of long-term stewardship alive!
About Giving Tuesday
“Giving Tuesday is the world’s largest generosity movement. Whether it’s making someone smile, helping a stranger, or giving to those who need our help, every act of generosity counts, and everyone has something to give.” To find out more, visit the Giving Tuesday website.