15 Sep We’re Hiring: Freelance Grant Writer
Friends of Kootenay Lake is hiring a Freelance Grant Writer! See details below:
Freelance Grant Writer – Contract Job Posting
$30/hr for 70 hours maximum until November 5, 2022
Formed in 2012, Friends of Kootenay Lake Stewardship Society (FoKLSS) is an inclusive stewardship organization dedicated to sustaining a healthy Kootenay Lake for future generations. Our mission is to improve the health and stewardship of Kootenay Lake through monitoring, habitat restoration, capacity building, and the empowerment of local communities, First Nations, and stakeholders.
We are looking forward to a very busy field season, and therefore are seeking a freelance Grant Writer to support the development of various grant applications that will fund our proposed projects and programs in 2023.
The Grant Writer will work with the Program Manager to develop and write funding proposals and project/program budgets. The Grant Writer will collaborate with our team, funder representatives, project partners, and others to ensure high quality proposals are submitted on time.
The position is remote, or work-from home for a maximum of 70 hours between the start date and November 5, 2022.
- Experience writing successful large grant proposals and applications with examples provided
- Successful completion of a college-level writing or communications class, preferably in science communications
- Excellent written communication skills with writing sample(s) provided
- Two grant writing references
- Experience developing budgets and reading financial statements
- Access to a home computer and internet
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure
- Resourcefulness and ability to solve problems and seek answers
- Non-profit experience as an asset
To apply: Submit your resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.