- This event has passed.
2015 Kootenay Lake Summit
October 24, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Registration Now Closed for the 3rd Annual Summit. The Lake Summit will bring people together who live near Kootenay Lake to inspire and educate
There will be presentations, live music, a dance performance, an introduction to the Kootenay Lake Community Values Study, and free lunch. Themes will include fisheries, First Nations history, lake geology, and species-at-risk. The event will encourage a broader and deeper understanding of the lake’s ecosystem and build cooperative relationships among Kootenay Lake communities.
The event will include presentations and performances by:
- Keynote Speaker: Joe Pierre Jr. – Storyteller from the Ktunaxa Nation
- Lesley Anderton – Origins of Kootenay Lake and its unique geologic features
- Nicole Kapell – Archeology on Kootenay Lake and overview of Ktunaxa Nation Cultural Values Study
- Jeff Burrows – Update on Kootenay Lake fisheries and introduction to shoreline spawning kokanee
- Jakob Dulisse – Species-at-Risk on Kootenay Lake
- Dance performance by Midway Theatre and Allegro Dance Theatre
- Live music by David Reid