- This event has passed.
BCLSS: Understanding BC Lakes in Changing Times
October 4, 2019 - October 6, 2019
October 4th-6th Oceola Fish and Game Club, Winfield BC
Our lakes are facing a variety of pressures, including climate extremes. This conference will bring together a network of those concerned about lake health to address these challenges and discuss what can be done to preserve, protect, and restore BC lakes.
Friday, October 4 – Evening social
Saturday, October 5 – Presentations
Sunday, October 6 – Morning field trip
- Potential impacts of climate change on lake water quality & fisheries
- Importance of field observations in lake work
- Impacts of large powerboats and stormwater on Okanagan Lake
- Flood impacts on Okanagan lakes
- Living Lakes Canada projects including monitoring using DNA techniques
- Update on invasive mussels