- This event has passed.
Waterluiton Training for Young Water Professionals in Whistler BC
May 2, 2019 - May 3, 2019Free
Waterlution, a national NGO focused on building young professionals 21st-century skills and creating unique water learning opportunities is coming to Whistler to offer a 2-day training for young professionals/students ages 18-30.
The training is focused on Leadership, Facilitation and Cultural Understanding, it will be held May 2nd and 3rd. At this regional training, we are working with local cultural educators from the Squamish Nation, similar training is rolling out across the country! We have a few free overnight accommodations spots left for applicants traveling long distances to attend.
Some highlights from the training itinerary:
- A world cafe on cultural perception
- The Leadership Mindset: Systems Thinking and Two Loops of Change
- Understanding trauma and defining your role in reconciliation
- Teachings of the Cedar Dugout
The two-day training is free as long as the participants commit to helping us deliver the Great Canoe Journey– a cultural education program for school-aged youth.
Ways to help out after the training include:
- Lead workshops or webinars for school groups
- Research, resource development and evaluation
- Partnership development and school outreach/recruitment
- If you are indigenous – share your cultural knowledge (and learn from your elders)
- Create Content: Photography, Videography, Newsletters, and Blogging
See more details and apply here. While volunteering you’ll receive ongoing professional development training and mentorship from Waterlution via video conferencing.