- This event has passed.
World Water Day Webinar: Nature-based Solutions to Current Water Issues
March 22, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
IWRA’s next new webinar on World Water Day 2018 – explores nature-based solutions for current water issues. From droughts to floods and personal water insecurity to region-wide water security tensions, this year’s theme is a call to understand and explore the role of nature in addressing and solving our water issues.
The webinar topics include:
- Natural Infrastructure for Water Management
- Water Stewardship in Private Sector
- Nature-Based Solutions to Basin-wide Concerns
- Multiple Benefits for Source Water Protection
- Nature-based Solutions, Water and Sustainable Agriculture
- Rebecca Welling, International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Kari Vigerstol, The Nature Conservancy (TNC)
- David Coates, Independent Consultant, frm. Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity
- Lucy Lee, World Wildlife Federation (WWF)
- Katharine Cross, International Water Association (IWA)
- Scott McKenzie, Ph.D. Candidate, University of British Columbia