The Province will host a series of meetings this month to engage with and update communities about the recently launched negotiations on the future of the Columbia River Treaty. The upcoming meetings are a continuation of a process that began in 2011, to engage with B.C. Columbia Basin communities about the future of the treaty. The meetings will provide an update on negotiations between Canada and the United States, and host discussions on community interests that should be considered during negotiations.
The meetings will take place in the following communities:
* Meadow Creek: June 11 – Lardeau Valley Community Club, 13429 Hwy 31
* Jaffray: June 12 – Jaffray Hall, 7369 Jaffray Village Loop Rd.
* Creston: June 13 – Creston and District Community Complex, 312 9th Ave. N
* Castlegar: June 14 – Castlegar and District Community Complex, 2101 6th Ave.
* Nelson: June 15 – Nelson Rod and Gun Club, 801 Railway St.
* Valemount: June 18 – Valemount Community Hall, 201 Gorse St.
* Revelstoke: June 19 – Revelstoke Community Centre, 600 Campbell Ave.
* Golden: June 20 – Golden Civic Centre, 898 Hwy 95
* Nakusp: June 21 – Nakusp and District Sports Complex, 200 8th Ave. NW
Each community meeting runs from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. A light meal will be available at 6 p.m.